By Sean Weymouth
There is some interesting storylines to keep an eye on this week for your DFS Lineups.
Here’s what we know now:
– Lev Bell is out. Bilal Powell ($3,500) and to a lesser extent Ty Montgomery ($4,000) are both in play. While Montgomery has largely served as Bell’s understudy all year, industry experts are leaning on Powell to make the most of this opportunity. Against a dead last Miami run defense, $3,500 Powell makes an excellent RB2 or Flex play today.
– James Connor & JuJu Smith Schuster are both out. Suddenly that puts Benny Snell ($6,100) and James Washington ($6,000) both in play and in great spots. In games that Connor has missed Snell has played 37-45% of the offensive snaps and against an Arizona Defense only better than the aforementioned Miami defense, Snell is a clear RB2 or Flex. Meanwhile Washington is coming off of his best game last week and duck hunting with his Quarterback again this week. He is an awesome late game hammer today at $6k and has 100+ Yard and more for upside.
– Kalen Ballage is out. Last week Patrick Laird ($4,100) and his pass catching ability were in play. While I like the opportunity with the banged up Jets defense on tap – the Dolphins went out and signed Zack Zenner ($3,000) as still have Myles Gaskin ($3,300) hanging around. Laird is in play, but due to the potential for a real committee approach by the Dolphins I prefer Snell or Powell for the cheap back up running back spot this week.
– Damien Williams is out. Darrell Williams is on IR. This should be LeSean McCoy’s ($4,400) backfield … or at least it was until the Chief’s re-signed Spencer Ware (not available in DK Player Pool) and don’t forget about rookie Darwin Thompson ($4,000) who will likely see some work too. With this matchup against the Patriots #2 ranked rush defense on tap today, I’m likely staying completely away from the KC backfield.
– Adam Thielan is out once again. You are starting Stefon Diggs ($7,600) regardless – especially today against Darrius “Not Really Big Play” Slay, but the guys who have really benefited form Thielan’s absences are TE’s Kyle Rudolph ($4,400) and Irv Smith ($3,300). While I like Smith’s target share, it’s Rudolph’s Red Zone looks that have me interested most.
– Wil Fuller is out. Surprised? Kenny Stills ($3,700) needs to be mentioned. While the Broncos have been excellent this season against WR1s (DeAndre Hopkins $7,400) they have allowed a lot of success to WR2s. With Fuller out, that WR2 today is Kenny Stills!
Things that you need to be aware of:
– Dalvin Cook ($9,500) will play today. However, with his chest injury still a concern it wouldn’t be too surprising to see Alexander Mattison ($4,500) get a bit more work than usual, especially with a potential of a big lead against the Lions. The takeaway for you is that the Vikings Running Backs are in great spots today with Cook an RB1 and Mattison a Flex. ￼
– Josh Jacobs ($6,500) has been made a Game Time decision and that is ok for real football but for fantasy and daily fantasy it doesn’t help. My suggestion is, if you want to play Jacobs for now build your lineup with backs also playing in the 4:25 window. So if Jacobs plays you can have an immediate swap spot and if he doesn’t play, you at least you have a back in place. My picks for this option are:
– Melvin Gordon ($6,400) or Austin Ekeler ($6,300) who both have fantastic matchups with Gordon as a RB1 and Ekeler a RB2 or Flex.
– Benny Snell ($6,100) or Jaylen Samuels ($5,000). Though I much prefer Snell here.
– James White ($5,500) and Sony Michel ($5,600). Both Patriots backs are in play today against the Chiefs who have major issues containing running backs and while I prefer White to Michel – I’m pretty sure White is one of the most popular cash and tournament plays today. Michel is a much sneakier RB2 or Flex candidate, but the risk is there – for sure.
Miami Dolphins vs NY Jets (1PM)
Stack Attack: Ryan Fitzgerald ($6,000), Davante Parker ($6,900), Mike Gesicki ($4,000), Robbie Anderson ($5,100) OR Jamison Crowder (5,300)
The Jets Defense is very banged up and I think that this game which in real NFL has no real Playoff Implications, could be Daily Fantasy Gold as I Fitz could go for 400 yards and Davante Parker has been lights out. I like Robbie Anderson today a lot as the come back in this stack. As mentioned above – Bilal Powel, Patrick Laird in play too as your running backs too.
Atlanta Falcons vs Carolina Panthers (1PM)
Stack Attack Matt Ryan ($6,600), Austin Hooper ($6,000), Davante Freeman ($5,400), ($7,500) Christian McAffery ($10,500), DJ Moore ($7,000) or Curtis Samuel ($4,900)
This may be the priciest stack I mention but there is a lot going on in this game. Carolina fired their coach and are effectively out of the playoffs. What is this team playing for? Pride? New Coach? New contract at the end of the year? Either way I think there is a real chance the Falcons win this game and win by two touchdowns. That starts with the run game which Carolina just can’t stop and Davante Freeman. Next HOOP is back! The tight end was in the midst of a career season before going down in injury. I’ll go right back to the well. Marty Ice could throw for another 300 yards today but tough to say which of his star receivers (Julio Jones $7,500 or Calvin Ridley $6,700) will go off in this stack I will go to the other side of the ball. DJ Moore has been an absolute monster for Kyle Allen over the last three weeks and Curtis Samuel also is a fine play. Greg Olsen is out and the Panthers have announced a committee approach for Tight End. I think Olsen’s Targets will switch to Samuel. Then there is Christian McCaffery who is a must start East week and I love his opportunity today against the Falcons.
Colts vs Bucs (1PM)
Stack Attack: Jameis Winston ($6,400), Chris Godwin ($7,300), Zach Pascal ($5,500), Jack Doyle ($3,300)
Look this game could go ugly fast but I do know two things. The Bucs have the #1 ranked defense against the run and the Colts over the last 4 weeks have been very stingy overall on defense. I also know that TY Hilton is out and Eric Ebron is on IR and Jameis Winston loves to throw. I prefer Godwin to Evans ($7,200) but if you like Big Mike I don’t hate it. I’m not touching a running back in this game but Marlon Mack is back if that matters to your season long team. Lastly I think and awesome sleeper at an awesome price is Colts Wide Receiver Parris Campbell who is back from injury and only $3,200!!! Just sayin’
Titans vs Raiders (4:25PM)
Stack Attack: Ryan Tannehill ($5,800), Derek Henry ($8,200), Josh Jacobs – if he plays ($6,500), AJ Brown ($5,300), Darren Waller ($5,800)
Tanna-Thrill is making the Titans my favorite team to watch beside my beloved Patriots. This game has the potential of a lot of points and is largely overlooked with the Patriots Chiefs going on at the same time. I love Henry here against the Raiders and I like Jacobs as well versus Tennessee’s 20th ranked run defense. I also see AJ Brown continuing his breakout season and Waller the Baller, well Ballin’ out.
And finally, my favorite Defenses:
– Steelers $3,500
– Forty Niners $2,700
– New Orleans $3,100
– Jags $3,100
– Chargers $2,800
– Bengals $2,100
– Vikings $3,800
– Cardinals $2,400
– Colts $2,400
– Bucs $2,300
– Browns $3,600
And lastly, I think Davante Adams ($8,000) against the Redskins today will be the #1 WR Play of the week and a must start. With or without a pairing of Aaron Rogers ($6,800).
I also really like Lamar Jackson ($7,400) by himself aka naked as a great starter to tournament lineups.
Good Luck in your Contests!!