Week 7 will have many studs that were on bye or in some cases on IR, returning BUT we have some NEW Notable Injuries to now worry about! Many questions to be answered – so let’s get into it!
Without further ado – it’s the Week 7 Real Deal Fantasy HQ & A!
- READERS – WE NEED QUESTIONS!! Send them in to us so we can answer them here! Tweet your questions for Week 7 @DelRayBoston
2. What was you biggest ‘Wrong Answer’ from the Week 6 RealDealFantasy HQ & A that you regret:
Laquan: Alexander Mattison …..
TY: Saying Alex Mattison was gonna be a top-10 back… that one hurt.
Sean: Sitting Deebo Samuel
3. What was your biggest “I Told You So” from the Week 6 RealDealFantasyHQ & A?
Laquan: Pumping the brakes on Lindsay
TY: If you streamed Christian Kirk last week, you probably won your week. You’re welcome.
Sean: Travis Fulgham IS a thing!
4. Once again we enter a week where Michael Thomas will not be available. However now Emmanuel Sanders is now also not available due to a positive COVID-19 Test. If you had either one of these wide receivers and are now desperate to find Week 7 Replacement – who are you looking at on the waiver wire?
Laquan: Not looking for anyone on the Saints honestly I’d look elsewhere for a WR. Give me Keelan Cole vs DET instead.
TY: I hopped all over Tre’Quan Smith and I suggest you do the same. Brees loved him while Sanders was learning the offense (7 & 6 targets in Week 2 and 3) so he’s bound to go back to him again and the ball is gonna be flying in the Superdome this Sunday.
Sean: I don’t own any shares of Alvin Kamara but if I did I’d be dancing right now. TreQuan Smith is your most obvious, but I think you can also look at Jared Cook (Tight End) and if you are really desperate I’d think WRs Marquez Callaway (5 targets in week 5) and Deonte Harris (1 target last week) are on your waiver wire to take a shot on.
Andrew: I’m nervous about guessing whether TreQuan Smith or Marquez Callaway will be the better option from week to week. Especially with Jared Cook returning from injury, I expect this game to be the Kamara/Cook show with Latavius Murray seeing an uptick in carries. Breshad Perriman is an interesting option with Jamison Crowder ruled out for the Jets and Bills dealing with multiple injuries on defense including corners Tre White and Josh Norman. Lots of folks might have also dropped Marquez Valedez-Scantling after a couple of quiet weeks, but Aaron Jones is likely not playing and there should be lots of points scored in the GB vs. Hou matchup
Cody: TreQuan Smith should see a larger role with those 2 WRs out. With the increased volume, he should be at least on the radar as a a flex play.
5. Joe Mixon will not play on Sunday and Giovanni Bernard has been announced as the starter. If you had to would you start Giovanni Bernard? Can we trust the Bengals here?
Laquan: 100% I love the match up against the Browns who are giving up a average of 31 ppg on defense so Gio may find the endzone this week.
TY: Gio is an RB2, no questions asked, this week. He should be a safe bet for 12-15 PPR points against a meh at best Browns D.
Sean: I feel like we have seen this before with Gio and so no, I wouldn’t start him in place of Mixon as an RB1 or RB2, unless you don’t have another option. I’d feel better about Gio as a flex.
Andrew: When Mixon misses a game, Gio tends to get more work than when both are healthy since the depth chart isn’t pretty behind the two. I’m fine with Bernard as a solid RB2 in PPR.
Cody: In PPR I’m playing him without a doubt. Standard it might be iffy, but the Bengals and Browns first game was a shootout. I think Gio has a chance to fill some holes in your roster this week.
6. Who is the normal starter in your lineup you are sitting in week7 and why?
Laquan: Jonnu Smith isn’t on the injury report but doesn’t mean he’s not banged up going against a very tough defense. I don’t wanna roll the dice this week on Smith and I wish the Titans wouldn’t roll the dice either.
TY: JuJu. I don’t care if he was playing the Pittsburgh U12 All-Star team this week, you cannot trust that he’s gonna see the ball. He’s gonna need to do a lot to earn owner’s trust for the foreseeable future.
Sean: Robert Woods. Bobby Trees has been solid for me all season but in a Monday Night matchup against the Bears I am not convinced it will be a high scoring game and I have better options with better opportunity.
Andrew: JuJu Smith-Schuster will be on my bench this week. One of the bigger busts so far this season, JuJu has disappointed in any games that he doesn’t score a TD. Diontae Johnson will return to the lineup this week, Chase Claypool’s role is growing each week and even James Washington was more involved in week 6.
Cody: Cooper Kupp. Bears have been great against WR all year, and I like some other matchups much better this week.
7. Who is your favorite SMASH play, on your lineups, that you can’t wait to see dominate your competition in week 6?
Laquan: Antoino Gibson. Break out party on the way vs Dallas! Division game and Dallas defense gives up a ton of yards on the ground and air. Full Send!
TY: Tee Higgins is bound to eat this week. With at least 10 PPR points in the last 4 weeks despite some tough matchups in Baltimore and Indy mixed in there. Lil off the board, but SMASH.
Sean: Kyler Murray against the Seattle Defense. Good luck, all of my opponents this weekend.
Andrew: Alvin Kamara seems TOO obvious, so I’ll go with Terry McLaurin. The Cowboys defense has been horrific to say the least. Antonio Gandy-Golden was just placed on IR (not that he’s done much anyway) so Terry will basically be the only show in town. This should be another double digit target game for him in a great spot.
Cody: GIVE ME ALL OF THE Ridley and Julio
8. Kenny Golladay or Marvin Jones this weekend against the Falcons?
Ty: Kenny G.
Sean: Marvin Jones!!!
Andrew: Kenny G everytime.
9. Josh Jacobs will play the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in Week 7, a team that has yet to allow more than 65 yards to any running back they have faced. If you had/have Josh Jacobs – are you playing Josh Jacobs this weekend?
Laquan: Nope (The Raiders) entire o line didn’t practice for 3 days and only 3 returned off the covid list. Not a good idea this week to start him it’s going to be a huge bust this week.
Ty: You don’t bench an RB1 unless he’s hurt. That being said it’s not looking pretty.
Sean: I actually traded Jacobs away this week, partially to avoid having to make this decision.
Andrew: It probably won’t be his best performance but very few people can afford to bench a bell cow back that’s guaranteed 20+ touches every week.
Cody: you probably have to play him, so that’s not ideal, but you’ll have to expect less than what you normally do from him. Hopefully he falls into the end zone.
10. Clyde Edwards-Helaire plays the Broncos, currently 4th Best in the NFL against the Run. While there is little doubt you would play Mahomes, Hill or Kelce – if you have/had CEH, are you playing CEH?
Laquan: 100% KC will find a way to get CEH the ball and put up Fantasy relevant points. It’s a division game so what teams did to other teams outside the division I tend to ignore, because these teams play each other twice a year every year.
Ty: You gotta play him. You simply can’t sit a consistently productive member of the Chiefs offense (NO, NOT YOU MECOLE HARDMAN) no matter the matchup.
Sean: I am sweating this right now. Waiting to hear if the Chargers announce Justin Jackson as the starter. Otherwise, I’m rolling the dice.
Andrew: The Chiefs offensive line has been playing lights out lately, allowing CEH to run through wide open lanes (6.2 ypc last week vs. Buf). I’m sure Bell will steal the Goal line carries but I also like CEH’s involvement in the passing game, only 2 games this season with less than 4 targets
Cody: Unless my RB room is outrageous, I’m playing my first round RB. Even with Bell Looming, I’m playing my stud.
11. In Week 2 AJ Green played the Browns and put up a total dud 3 for 29, 5 Fantasy Points. Green plays the Browns again in Week 7, but now he is coming off of his best game of the season: 8 for 96, 17 Fantasy Points. Would you roll the dice on AJ Green this weekend if you had the option?
Laquan: Nope. not interested.
TY: Ain’t no way.
Sean: Not a chance, except in a DFS Tournament where he makes a contrarian dart throw
Andrew: He can be played as a low flex/WR3. Last week, the Bengals changed the way they were using Green and he started running more short/intermediate routes instead of sending him downfield all the time. 11 targets last week, you can do worse in PPR
Cody: For this game and rest of season, Higgins > Green
12. Once again we have 6 Games with a line of 50+. Which of these shootouts do you want the most pieces from in your lineup.
Laquan: DET vs ATL
TY: Off the board, Bengals vs Browns has a chance to explode (last game in Week 2 was 35-30 btw)
Sean: Seattle Seahawks vs Arizona Cardinals
Andrew: Packers vs Texans. Rodgers vs. Watson, enough said
Cody: Lions Falcons will have points galore
13. It appears as though we have lost another NY Running back, which brings us to Wayne Gallman. Is he a priority waiver wire add if you needed running back help?
Ty: Daniel Jones hit a top speed of 21.2 MPH on his 80 yard faceplant on Thursday. They don’t need a running back!
Sean: Gag me with a spoon
Andrew: I’m not touching that backfield
Cody: If you need to start a Giants RB, you might need to take a deep look at your roster
14. Kenyan Drake finally broke out in Week 6 and proved all the people who believed in him right! However as lousy as the Seahawks secondary is, they are yet to allow a top 5 running back performance this season. Can you trust Drake, even in what is likely the highest scoring game of the week?
Laquon: No answer
TY: I’m not excited about it, but he’s my RB2 in the only league I couldn’t trade him away in. I hope he can produce okay RB2 numbers and I don’t think that’s asking a lot.
Sean: The only Drake I will have a piece of this weekend is a Drake’s Devil Dog.
Andrew: He’s a RB2. Without the Garbage time TD run at the end of the Dallas game after the Cowboys had pretty much given up, it would have been another mediocre performance. Chase Edmunds didn’t seem to gain any ground on him though
Cody: You have to play him if you have him in a game that should be so high scoring. I like his chances to score.
15. Who is your favorite waiver wire QB to stream this week?
Laquan: Any Qb vs ATL.
TY: Matty Stafford is a must start, hell I’d be a must start against the Falcons.
Sean: Justin Herbert
Andrew: Stafford, always stream against ATL
Cody: Matthew Stafford
16. Who is your favorite waiver wire RB to stream this week?
Laquan: Jamaal WIlliams vs the worst run defense in the NFL .
TY: Gio Bernard all day and twice on Sunday.
Sean: Jamaal Williams or AJ Dillon
Andrew: Jamaal Williams should feast against Houston. They allow 177.5 rushing yards per game, which is the worst mark in the NFL
Cody: Jamaal Williams
17. Who is your favorite waiver wire Wide Receiver to stream this week?
Laquan: Denzel Mims for his debut…. Fingers cross for 10 points or more lol
TY: TreQuan Smith
Sean: Surprisingly, Mike Williams is available on many waiver wires. I grabbed him, so should you.
Andrew: Breshad Perriman
Cody: TreQuan Smith
18. Who is your favorite waiver wire Tight End to stream this week?
Laquan: Not for this week but Trey Burton still floating around.
TY: With Hooper out, I think David Njoku is a good play if you’re in deep bye week/injury trouble. Also only owned in 4% of leagues. He’s worth the reach.
Sean: If I was desperate, James O’Shaughnessy with Tyler Eifert out this weekend
Andrew: Tyler Kroft because the rest of the Bills TE group has been placed on the COVID list. He’s going to play 100% of snaps
Cody: Tyler Kroft is the only TE not out with Covid for the Bills, so he’ll get EVERY TE target
19. Who is your favorite waiver wire Defense to stream this week?
TY: Bills if they’re available otherwise Chargers.
Sean: The Cowboys OR The Washington Football Team
Cody: Whoever plays the Jets, rinse and repeat
20. Who is your favorite waiver wire Kicker to stream this week?
TY: Let’s play a game. Put all the kickers on your waiver wire on a dart board, throw a dart and see where it sticks. That’s your guy this week.
Sean: Jason Slye – third week in a row. He even Slyed past Covid to get in the game. Love this guy Slye
Andrew: Josh Lambo was just activated off of IR so should be available. He was the #5 K last season
Cody: Jason Myers
Have a question? Send them in to us at Real Deal Fantasy HQ and you may see your question show up here in this new Weekly Article! We can answer your Start/Sit, Season Long, DFS or whatever you want to ask!