READERS – WE NEED QUESTIONS!! Send them in to us so we can answer them here! Tweet your questions for Week 10 @DelRayBoston
So Without further ado – it’s the Week 9 edition of Real Deal Fantasy HQ & A! This week our panelists include:
1. What was you biggest ‘Wrong Answer’ from the Week 8 RealDealFantasy HQ & A that you regret:
Sean: Sitting Robert Woods this week
3. What was your biggest “I Told You So” from the Week 8 RealDealFantasyHQ & A?
Sean: Brandon Aiyuk as my WR Waiver Wire Pick – he was great in week 8!
4. One of the biggest stories of the week is Antonio Brown joining and likely starting for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in Week 9 as they play the New Orleans Saints. This game is expected to see winds close to 20 MPH by the way and we saw what wind can do to a game last week, multiple times.
This is a two part question:
- Would you start Antonio Brown if you had him or could pick him up on Waivers?
- Chris Godwin is expected to play, as is Mike Evans. Would you still start either player, or would you be trying to look elsewhere this week/moving forward?
Sean: If AB was on my waiver wire I’d add him and stash him and see what is to come…otherwise, I’d start Godwin unless I had another option. I can’t trust Evans or Miller until I see how their targets are with AB on the field a couple weeks.
Cody: I’m starting Godwin since I have him. And I’m waiting a week on AB. I need to see it one time. This isn’t a great matchup to start out with.
Ty: No way I start Antonio Brown this week, sounds like he’s gonna have a snap limit which is gonna cap any production he may have had. I would say for sure start Godwin as an WR2, Evans is a risky FLEX option at best. I’d try to trade both players before the deadline if there’s a market for them in your league.
5. Matthew Stafford is currently on the Covid-19 List and is likely to miss week 9. Chase Daniel will be the starting Quarterback against the Vikings. Can you trust any Lions Pass Catchers on Sunday with this news? Kenny Golladay is Out BTW.
Sean: I think if Daniel starts, Marvin Jones will be a low owned contrarian play in DFS. For Season Long, I think you can take a shot on Hockenson.
Cody: I think Marvin Jones and Hockenson will still have some value in lineups, that Vikings defense STINKS.
Ty: On Sunday I’m still high on Hockenson and Marvin Jones Jr. Hockenson should swallow up checkdown targets and MJJ should act as a mid to deep threat against a beatable defense.
6. Gardner Minshew has been ruled out for Week 9 and Rookie Jake Luton will make his first NFL Start. How are we feeling about DJ Chark, Laviska Shenault or Keelan Cole on Sunday against the Texans?
Sean: If I have another option, I may look to go in that direction
Cody: I feel the same on both QBs. I’m not happy about starting any Jaguars receivers and I’m trying to avoid it where I can.
Ty: As I wrote in my article, I’m not all that high on Luton so it’s tough to trust any of these guys regardless of the matchup. It should be James Robinson SZN.
7. Andy Dalton, nasty hit and injury aside, has now been added to the Covid-19 list and so we will see Garrett Gilbert under center. Can you trust ANYONE on the Cowboys offense right now to start in your lineups?
Sean: Against the Steelers, I likely would be fading Cowboys even if Dalton was playing.
Cody: Not against this Steelers Defense…
Ty: Hell no. Zeke is the only guy I’d consider starting and even then I can’t confidently say you should put him in.
8. Christian McCaffery looks to be back in week 9. Would you start him against the Chiefs?
Sean: Yes, with confidence
Cody: SEND IT!!!
Ty: YES. You would be insane not to start THE RB1 the rest of the season.
9. Myles Gaskin has been placed on IR and Matt Brieda has officially been ruled out for Week 9. Does Jordan Howard become a waiver priority – and would you start him if you were desperate?
Sean: If I was desperate, yes. But keep an eye out on news on Deandre Washington who the Dolphins signed this week too.
Cody: I’m not super hype about Jordan Howard, but I wouldn’t be shocked if he fell into the end zone.
Ty: I can’t trust Jordan Howard by any stretch. I’m looking at Patrick Laird instead, especially if you play in a PPR league. Not saying he’s a must-add, but definitely a guy to watch this week.
10. Who was the player that you have held onto all season and finally dropped this week – or what player, after 8 weeks is the most droppable in your opinion?
Sean: I didn’t make any drops outside of streaming kicker and defense but if for some reason you were still holding onto TY Hilton, with his injury now surfacing – get him off your lineup!
Cody: AJ Green
Ty: This year, I held onto Evan Engram way too long and finally pulled the trigger last week.
11. Who is your favorite SMASH play, on your lineups, that you can’t wait to see dominate your competition in week 8?
Sean: Joshua Jackson vs the Raiders!
Cody: Brandin Cooks for 100 and a tudder against Jax.
Ty: Diontae Johnson vs the Boys. That man should eat in the first half!
12. Who is your normal starter that you are sitting this week, bye week and injured/inactive players not included:
Sean: I just picked him up and I’m already benching him – Cutis Samuel – I am concerned that a lot of his rushing production is gone now that CMC is back.
Cody: My entire team is on a bye it seems like. I’m starting everyone I can 🥴.
Ty: I feel like I constantly mention him here but DJ Moore. With the return of CMC, I see the ball being in the air less often and he was volatile to begin with. Top that off against the Chiefs D who is 4th against WRs this season and you have a recipe for a bad start
13. Who is your favorite waiver wire QB to stream this week?
Sean: Drew Lock against the Falcons
Cody: Herbert against the Raiders
Ty: You can LOCK in Drew Lock against the Falcons
14. Who is your favorite waiver wire RB to stream this week?
Sean: Chris Carson has been officially ruled out as has Carlos Hyde. So my picks are Travis Homer or Deejay Dallas.
Cody: Deejay Dallas up in Seattle
Ty: Deejay Dallas, I can’t see Homer being a major player in this game and the opportunity is really gonna be there.
15. Who is your favorite waiver wire Wide Receiver to stream this week?
Sean: Darnell Mooney or Russell Gage
Cody: Mike Williams has a high Ceiling this week.
Ty: If he plays, Tim Patrick. Otherwise, I’m gonna go crazy and say Jakobi Meyers. Coming off a 10 target game and about to play the Jets, seems like a match made in heaven.
16. Who is your favorite waiver wire Tight End to stream this week?
Sean: Dart throw time: Albert Okwuegbunam. He is TD Dependent but has Collegiate history with Drew Lock and they are playing the Falcons
Cody: Darren Fells, Jax has been terrible defending the TE all year
Ty: Rest of season is Jordan Reed, despite what you saw on Thursday. This week go get yourself some Jordan Akins. First game back against a weak Jags D.
17. Who is your favorite waiver wire Defense to stream this week?
Sean: Texans against the rookie
Cody: Washington Football Team
Ty: Washington FT against Danny Derps and the G-Men
18. Who is your favorite waiver wire Kicker to stream this week?
Sean: Tyler Bass
Cody: McManus against ATL
Ty: I’m gonna take a page out of Jason from The Fantasy Footballers book and go – YoungHoe Koo this week.
Have a question? Send them in to us at Real Deal Fantasy HQ and you may see your question show up here in this new Weekly Article! We can answer your Start/Sit, Season Long, DFS or whatever you want to ask