READERS – WE NEED QUESTIONS!! Send them in to us so we can answer them here! Tweet your questions for Week 14 (Fantasy Playoffs) to @DelRayBoston
Now Without further ado – it’s the Week 13 Real Deal Fantasy HQ & A!
1. What was you biggest ‘Wrong Answer’ from the Week 12 that you regret:
Sean: Recommending any Las Vegas Raider and Brian Hill were a waiver wire pickup last week.
Laquan: Jonnu Smith screwed alot of ppl
2. What was your biggest “I Told You So” from the Week 12 RealDealFantasyHQ & A?
Sean: Sitting CEH and starting someone else over him
Cody: Not starting Brian Hill
Laquan: Antonio Gibson breakout game
3. Perhaps the biggest news of the week is that Will Fuller has been suspended for 6 games, eliminating him for this season and the first game of next season. Additionally Randall Cobb is on IR and the Texans parted ways with Kenny Stills as well.
If you were a Will Fuller Owner and Brandin Cooks is not available on Waivers – is KeKe Coutee your number 1 priority, or is there another wide receiver you prefer on Waivers to fill the void?
Sean: I’d be pretty high on KeKe. He has back to back weeks with Touchdowns, both of which Fuller was on the field for and now he could slot into the #2 role behind Cooks in the offense. If I needed a WR, I think Coutee is a smart add.
Cody: I like keke, but he’s just not as talented as fuller. I’d rather go after Chark or Pittman Jr. if they’re available.
TY: As a fellow Canadian once famously said, KeKe do you love me? I’m sure hoping he loves producing for my fantasy team at least because I picked him up in 3 leagues.
Laquan: Keke is cool but not the player u can trust in ur line up come playoffs
Andrew: I like Denzel Mims, he has 7+ targets in 4 out of his 5 starts and a good schedule remaining except for LAR week 15
4. Staying on the Texans – with Fuller gone for 6 games and Cobb not available, is Jordan Aikens or Darren Fells worth a waiver add and possibly a start if you needed a tight end? Which do you prefer?
Sean: I prefer Aikens only because of the targets. Fells is a red zone threat though for Watson because of his size. I think both are worth a waiver add and stash, pick whichever you prefer. It is a tough matchup this week and you can see which one gets the usage before potentially starting either.
Cody: I like fells better, but I’m only playing if I have an injury. I’m not starting them over the TEs currently on my roster
TY: I really don’t like either, last week against Detroit who let the offense feast to the tune of 318 passing yards and 4 TDs, neither TE had a single catch. To me, this is definitely a wait and see situation even in the deepest of leagues.
Laquan: i mean they dont have enough volume for me to trust either of them in line ups
Andrew: I don’t like either when they are both active
5. Josh Jacobs appears to be trending towards doubtful against the Jets (Editors Note: Jacobs has been ruled OUT). If you were a Jacobs owner and Davante Booker was available on waivers, would you pick him up in the event Jacobs can’t go?
Sean: 100% Yes
TY: Even if you’re not a Jacobs owner, go grab Booker this week. He should be a RB2 against the Jets. I grabbed him and plan on starting him in 2 of my leagues this week.
Laquan: Full Send.
Andrew: I would not only pick him up, but keep him even when Jacobs is back
6. Kyler Murray has scored under 20 Fantasy Points in the last two weeks and this weekend he takes on the Rams with Aaron Donald and company lurking on the line and Jalen Ramsey likely shadowing Deandre Hopkins. Would you still start Kyler this weekend or would you be looking for a one week waiver flier? Kyler practiced in full on Friday and no longer carries a questionable tag.
Sean: I own Murray in 2 out of my 3 leagues and I am nervous, but the last time he played the Rams he threw for over 330 yards and now he has a much improved offense. I think I have to roll with him.
Cody: If you have another usable QB I’d consider it… see below for my QB waiver pick 👀
Ty: The only way I sit him is if you (somehow) have a top-5 QB sitting on the bench, definitely don’t go grab a guy off the waiver wire.
Laquan: Not the match up for Murray owners to be hoping for big points if u can look elsewhere
Andrew: You can’t bench him for any QB that’s on waivers. Just hope the shoulder is better
7. Kenny Golladay is again out for Week 13. Is he now droppable? Keep in mind his Fantasy Playoff Matchups if he can get healthy: Week 14 Green Bay, Week 15: Tennessee, Week 16 Tampa Bay, Week 17: Minnesota. If you are dropping him, who on the waiver wire are you making the bench room for?
Sean: I think if you need a win to get into the Playoffs and you think you can upgrade a position with someone on the waiver wire to start this week, then yes. If not and if you have the bench space, then I am ok holding onto him for at least another week and see if he can’t make it back on the field.
Cody: I’m not dropping him, but I certainly don’t mind if you do.
TY: It depends if there’s decent guys on the waiver wire. I wouldn’t go dropping him for a Darnell Mooney but if a guy like Sammy Watkins or better is on your waiver wire, I’d consider it.
Laquan: im keeping him for sure he’s a WR1 when healthy and if i can get him healthy in the playoffs thats a plus.
Andrew: It would be hard for me to drop him, look for a player with little upside on your bench to drop instead, if needed
7. Who was the player that you have held onto all season and finally dropped this week – or what player, after 12 weeks is the most droppable in your opinion?
Sean: Not really all season, but I have been holding onto Duke Johnson for half the season and finally dropped him with the news that David Johnson is active.
Cody: Josh Kelley
TY: I cut ties with Duke Johnson this week in any league I had him in. I was really high on him a few weeks ago and for the most part he disappointed. With DJ back on the field this week, he should go down to <5% ownership and for good reason.
Laquan: Duke Johnson and Alexander Mattison
Andrew: Tony Pollard has been stashed, but not sure I would want to start him on that offense even if Zeke went down
8. Who is your favorite SMASH play, on your lineups, that you can’t wait to see dominate your competition in week 11?
Sean: Davante Adams against Philadelphia
Cody: Thielen against the Jags
TY: David Montgomery against the Lions. It’s finally Monty time
Laquan: Kirk vs the jags today
Andrew: He’s been struggling but I think Miles Sanders gets back on track against GB
9. Who is your normal starter that you are sitting this week, bye week and injured/inactive players not included:
Sean: Antonio Gibson. Yes he has been good but the Pittsburgh Run Defense has been lights out and I think this is a low scoring, slow, game in general.
Cody: Kenyan Drake. That Rams defense is gooood.
TY: Kareem Hunt is seeing the bench this week, simply can’t be trusted especially if you need a win to stay alive/clinch this weekend.
Laquan: DJ Chark vs MIN
Andrew: Kareem Hunt had a hot start but he’s been TD dependent since Chubb returned. He’s not a must start for me anymore
10. Who is your favorite Waiver Wire QB that you would pick up and play this week if you needed him?
Sean: Call me crazy, but I kinda like Phillip Rivers against the Texans
Cody: GIVE ME ALL OF THE KIRK COUSINS. Great matchup in a game against the Jags, Cook isn’t 100%, and they should lean on their stud WRs.
TY: Go grab Trubisky. He’s gonna torch the Lions (see his QB7 performance against them in Week 1). He has a great ROS schedule too if you’re hard done by at QB.
Laquan: Kirk is a full send
Andrew: This is really deep, but Sam Darnold is auditioning for other teams and LV tends to play down to their opponent. You could do worse this week
11. Who is your favorite Waiver Wire RB that you would pick up and play this weekend if you needed him?
Sean: Myles Gaskin. He is currently on IR so someone in your league may have dropped him – but has a chance to play this weekend. (Editors Note: Gaskin is Active against the Bengals) So maybe this is more of a stash – but look at his next 4 weeks during Fantasy Playoffs: Week 14 KC, Week 15 NE, Week 16 Las Vegas, Week 17 Buffalo
Cody: Devonte Booker has the best value this week.
TY: It’s gotta be Booker.
Andrew: Booker should get 20 touches in place of Jacobs
12. Who is your favorite Waiver Wire WR that you would pick up and play this weekend if you needed him?
Sean: Michael Pittman Jr against Houston
Cody: Call me crazy, but TY Hilton averages 100yd and a 1TD against Houston for his career. If your desperate…
TY: If he’s available, Breshad Perriman has sneakily scored 52.4 PPR points in his last 3 games, making him the WR14 during that stretch.
Laquan: Corey Davis is still floating out there
Andrew: I mentioned him earlier but Denzel Mims
13. Who is your favorite Waiver Wire TE that you would pick up and play this weekend if you needed him?
Sean: If Adam Humphries remains out, Anthony Firsker – Jonuu Smith has already been ruled out. If Humphries is in, Trey Burton vs Houston
Cody: Gesicki against a Bengals defense that Evan Engram ate up last week.
TY: It must be December because Kyle Rudolph is looking like one hell of a pickup.
Laquan: Schultz has been getting the volume id give him a shot with Jonnu out.
Andrew: Seahawks Jacob Hollister has been more involved since Olsen was injured. He should be available in most leagues
14. Who is your favorite Kicker to Stream this week off the Waiver Wire?
Sean: I could see the Chargers needing to call on Michael Badgley a few more times than normal against the Patriots this weekend.
Cody: Jason Myers
TY: Whoever your team’s favourite kicker is, because why not have more reason to root for them? It’s the only real reason to have kickers in your league anyways lol.
Andrew: who ever is in a dome
15. Who is your favorite Defense to Stream this week off the Waiver Wire?
Sean: If they are available, Seattle going against the now Daniel Jonesless Giants. If not, I picked up Da Bears against Detroit
Cody: Bears against the Lions w/o Swift and Golladay
TY: Start thinking playoff schedules guys. Look at getting either the Seahawks or Rams if they’re available and hold them for the next few weeks. Browns are a great option too.
Laquan: Raiders vs jets
Andrew: It’s a tough week for streaming DST but Tennessee against Baker and the Browns should be decent
Have a question? Send them in to us at Real Deal Fantasy HQ and you may see your question show up here in this new Weekly Article! We can answer your Start/Sit, Season Long, DFS or whatever you want to ask!