Real Deal Fantasy HQ & A
READERS – WE NEED QUESTIONS!! Send them in to us so we can answer them here! Tweet your questions for Week 15 (Fantasy Playoffs) to @DelRayBoston
Now Without further ado – it’s the Week 14 Real Deal Fantasy HQ & A!
1. What was you biggest ‘Wrong Answer’ from the Week 13 RealDealFantasy HQ & A that you regret:
Sean: Recommending Davante Booker as a waiver add last week
Cody: Honestly not sure I had any terrible picks last week 😁
TY: Recommending Kyle Rudolph as a waiver add. If you lost a must-win game because of him, I take full responsibility.
Laquan: I was wrong about Booker being a smash play
Andrew: Suggested Mims as a good waiver pickup, he only got 3 targets
2. What was your biggest “I Told You So” from the Week 13 RealDealFantasyHQ & A?
Sean: KeKe Coutee!
Cody: Kirk Cousins, Justin Jefferson, Adam Theilen
Laquan: Jarvis Landry cooking and up putting up big points
Andrew: Benching Kareem Hunt
3. The Panthers have announced Christian McCaffery will not play AGAIN in week 14 which is the start of the fantasy playoffs for many. If a McCaffery owner never was able to get Mike Davis off the waiver and has been streaming the position and somehow has playoff chances still – who is their best streaming option this week?
Sean: I’d be looking for JD McKissic if you can find him. Last week once Gibson went down McKissic played 70% of snaps. If you are really desperate, Peyton Barber should also figure in during Gibson’s absence.
Cody: I like Jamaal Williams, I think he gets some decent run in what should be a blowout against Detroit
TY: JD McKissic is still available in 33% of leagues and would be a must add if he’s there. Otherwise, maybe the Duke who’s available in 44% of leagues as he’ll be getting a 3-down role. Temper your expectations however as he only scored 28.9 PPR points in his 3 starts this season.
Laquan: JD 100% Gibson out with toe turf is a huge blow even Barber could be a nice play and could be the goal line back
Andrew: Waiver RBs are ugly in most leagues right now. Barber would be the only widely available RB that I’m willing to start
4. Julio Jones has been announced as absent and could possibly be shut down for the remainder of the season. If you were a Julio owner you were happy with his results last week, but now faced with no Julio – where are you going or maybe, who are you hoping to grab to replace him – perhaps for the rest of the playoffs?
Sean: I was shocked to find Cole Beasley available in 3 of my leagues this week and I snatched him up specifically to start him over the next 3 weeks during the Fantasy Playoffs.
Incidentally, I think Russell Gage will be a popular add – but the NFL Network found this crazy stat. In Games Gage has played WITH Julio on the field he has averaged 5 or more fantasy points than in games he has played WITHOUT Julio on the field. Something to think about
Cody: I think Mike Williams has boom or bust potential, he’s worth a shot.
TY: Go grab Tim Patrick, owned in just 27% of leagues he has put up 10+ in Drew Lock’s last 4 starts with 2 top-20 finishes to boot. He’s as safe an option as they come despite the tougher ROS schedule he faces.
Laquan: Cole Beasley or Keke Coutee WRs are deep on the wire surprisingly can’t say the same for rbs so I find it odd these 2 guys are still available
Andrew: Breshad Perriman should bounce back, with Mims out this week
5. Both Josh Jacobs and Deandre Swift are still listed as questionable and may come down to game time decisions. If you are a Jacobs or Swift owner and they CAN play, are you playing them – knowing both are coming off similar soft tissue injuries?
Sean: I have more faith in Jacobs because his role in the Raiders offense, when he is on the field, is pretty secure. The Lions had just gotten a small sample size of what Swift can do when he went down and I’d be concerned that they may have him on a pitch count when he returns – especially with an interim Coaching Staff.
Cody: I like Jacobs more. I think even if Swift plays, All Day (Adrian Peterson) will eat into his touches.
TY: There’s a saying this time of year that’s very important to remember, Don’t Get Cute. If your every-week RB2 is good to go, you start him and you don’t take the chance unless you’re sitting another guaranteed top-20 player.
Laquan: I think both would be limited in their roles wouldn’t be a full send workload of max touches we would all expect.
Andrew: Yes, Jacobs is a stud and Swift has had 4+ targets in every game besides week 3. I trust both of them
6. Kyler Murray has scored under 20 Fantasy Points in the last THREE weeks and now he is facing a Giants Defense that shut down Russell Wilson last week and has held their opponents to under 20 Points in each of their last 4 games – all wins for the GMen by the way. Kyler likely helped get their fantasy owners into the playoffs this season, but now in the playoffs – he gets this matchup. Would you still start Murray if you had him or would you consider going somewhere else? Is there a Waiver Wire QB available that you would start over him?
Sean: I am extremely nervous about Kyler Murray this weekend. If he puts up another stinker – ugh. I am seriously considering Kirk Cousins, Phillip Rivers and Mitchell Trubisky in my two Kyler leagues.
Cody: I’m starting Matt Ryan without Julio over Kyler this week. Take that for what you will.
Ty: Kyler Murray could be playing against a team of 7-foot-tall droids and I’d probably still start him over any waiver wire QB. If you have a top-5 QB on your bench, yea go ahead and start him but otherwise it’s not smart to sit a guy with a 40-point ceiling.
Laquan: After seeing what the Giants did to Russell I do believe the same thing is about to happen to Kyler and he can’t be trusted.
Andrew: The Giants defense is underrated, but there still are no waiver QBs that have Murray’s ceiling. I’m willing to go down with him in my lineup
7. Kenny Golladay is again out for Week 14. Is he now droppable? Keep in mind his Fantasy Playoff Matchups if he can get healthy: Week 15: Tennessee, Week 16 Tampa Bay, Week 17: Minnesota
If you are dropping him, who on the waiver wire are you making the bench room for?
Sean: On the one hand yes. On the other hand, I am too worried about my opponents picking him up and starting him in Week 15 if he is healthy to do it.
Cody: Depends on who’s available (he’s better than a nobody) but if someone else is there worth an add, go for it.
TY: If there’s a guy like Cole Beasley on the waiver wire, go ahead and drop him but if your best option is a guy like Nelson Agholor then there’s no reason to throw him away for nothing.
Laquan: Dropped him like a bad habit weeks ago. Corey Davis has taken his place for my teams.
Andrew: There’s no point in dropping him for a WR4-5 that you aren’t going to start over the next 3 weeks. I’d just hold him
8. David Johnson has been placed on the Covid-19 List and will not play in Week 14. Are we firing up Duke Johnson AGAIN or has that horse left the stable by now? Keep in mind, 3rd stringer CJ Proise will also miss week 14.
Sean: I can’t play Duke. Without DJ on the field, Duke had the opportunity to smash, but at best he mustered a season high 9.96 FPTS. Sorry Duke.
Cody: Without the one big play, Duke’s been bad. Not playing him against the Bears.
TY: Since he’ll have a 3-down role, if you’re in a bind he might be the best option out there but I can tell you first hand, in the 3 leagues I have him, I only have him to make life harder for my playoff opponents not because I plan on starting him.
Laquan: I’m Staying away from the Houston backfield.
Andrew: He hasn’t been good. I’d prefer a waiver pickup like McKissic or Gallman
9. Zach Ertz is BACK! If you need a tight end, would you be picking up Zach Ertz? Keep in mind Dallas Goedert is also available in 30% of leagues AND it isn’t going to be Carson Wentz slinging the rock…
Sean: Nope. I don’t have or want any Eagles player on my teams, at least not now until I see more of Jalen Hurts under center.
Cody: I’m not starting a single Eagle against this Saints D
TY: Let’s keep in mind that Jalen Hurts wasn’t exactly a picture of perfect QB play last week. It was a small sample size but against the 8th best pass defense he went 5/12 for 109 yards with a tuddy and a pick. That gives him a QB rating of 67.7, which is worse than Wentz’s 72.8 rating on the season and more in line with what Drew Lock (67.1) has put up so far. I wouldn’t expect him to tear it up and would be cautious with any Eagles pass-catchers this week against a downright scary Saints defense.
Laquan: The tight end I’ve been going to has been Dalton Schultz and 7-11 points from him is something I’m happy with
Andrew: You could pick him up, but I’m not starting him. If you have a free roster spot and weak TE, pick him up and see what happens with Hurts
10. Who is your absolute MUST START Locked In Fantasy Stud that you are leaning on to carry you through the Fantasy Playoffs this year?
Sean: Davante Adams
Cody: Aaron Jones – he should eat as long as the Packers stay hot
TY: David Montgomery has been on fire and has one of the best ROS schedules. I need him to be my RB1.
Laquan: Monty has been cooking and he’s a must play vs Houston’s terrible defense against the run.
Andrew: Keenan Allen. Matchups with ATL, LV, DEN (9/67/1) in first game against the Broncos
11. Who was the player that you have held onto all season and finally dropped this week – or what player, after 13 weeks is the most droppable in your opinion?
Sean: I had to let go of the hopes of the next generation of Giants stars – Sayonara Darius Slayton
Cody: I dropped DJ Chark this week
TY: I finally did it, I finally dropped Jerry Jeudy, no room for underperformers this time of year.
Laquan: AJ Green has to go
Andrew: James White
12. Who is your favorite SMASH play, on your lineups, that you can’t wait to see dominate your competition in week 14?
Sean: Davante Adams against Detroit
Cody: Aaron Jones against Detroit
TY: David Montgomery against the Texans. Man’s gonna FEAST
Andrew: DK Metcalf will destroy the Jets
13. Who is your normal starter that you are sitting this week, bye week and injured/inactive players not included:
Sean: I just got him back but after last week I just can’t trust Raheem Mostert. Or rather I just can’t trust the 49ers offensive coordinator to start Mostert.
Cody: Kareem Hunt
TY: Kareem Hunt has finally found the bench for me this week and he likely stays there the rest of the playoffs.
Laquan: Jarvis vs B more can’t roll the dice
Andrew: I know most are excited for Robby Anderson with DJ Moore out, but Denver has been a tough matchup for WRs and he will get a lot of attention from the Secondary
14. Who is your favorite Waiver Wire QB that you would pick up and play this week if you needed him?
Sean: I’m dealing with anxiety over Kyler and the top 3 I see are Cousins, Rivers and Trubisky. If by chance you have Taysom Hill on your waivers though, I’d take him.
Cody: Matt Ryan I like this week against LAC
TY: Taysom Hill has a crazy high ceiling because of the rushing game and the porous Eagles D.
Laquan: Kirk is still floating around
Andrew: Trubisky has a decent floor since he runs a lot. Good Matchup too against Houston
15. Who is your favorite Waiver Wire RB that you would pick up and play this weekend if you needed him?
Sean: I already mentioned JD McKissic, but if Gio Bernard is available I don’t mind him against the Cowboys…also Jamaal Williams against Detroit, though he is more of a Flex Play.
Cody: If you are so desperate, Deandre Washington may get some run this week for Miami… (Editors Note – Myles Gaskin has been placed on the Covid-19 list)
TY: As mentioned earlier, McKissic or the Duke. In most leagues, there’s not many better options.
Laquan: Cam Akers is the only answer here but Peyton Barber could do you a service today
Andrew: Check for Duke Johnson. Barber would be the only other guy that I have in mind
16. Who is your favorite Waiver Wire WR that you would pick up and play this weekend if you needed him?
Sean: Cole Beasley was surprisingly available for me but with Denzel Mims now on the Commissioner Exempt list, I’d take a flyer on Breshard Perriman against the Seahawks
Cody: I picked up Alan Lazard and he might find my lineup this week.
TY: Timmy Patrick baby!
Laquan: Russell Gage with Julio out this week.
Andrew: If Beasley is not available. Russell Gage should get a nice target bump with Julio out. The ATL v LAC game should be high scoring
17. Who is your favorite Waiver Wire TE that you would pick up and play this weekend if you needed him?
Sean: Cole Kmet has been coming on recently
Cody: Cole Kmet may be a low end TE1 ROS
TY: I’ve been sneakily adding Cole Kmet in any league where I have room. He has a pretty easy schedule (Texans, Vikings, Jags) and could be a sneaky low-end TE1 if you need one.
Laquan: Schultz could have himself a day against the Bengals
Andrew: Gesicki might be on some waivers. He had 11 targets last week
14. Who is your favorite Kicker to Stream this week off the Waiver Wire?
Sean: Graham Gano of the New York Football Giants
Cody: Give me Jason Myers again this week
TY: My dart board landed on Graham Gano this week
Laquan: Ewww lol
Andrew: who ever is in a dome
15. Who is your favorite Defense to Stream this week off the Waiver Wire?
Sean: I’d take a shot on the Giants after what they just did to Wilson.
Cody: I love Carolina this week, they’ve been stout as of late.
TY: Carolina is my streamer D this week. However this is where I tell any playoff team to start rostering 2 defenses. Grab your week 14 defense (unless you have a bye then don’t bother) and then go stash the Browns (Giants/Jets), Rams (Jets/Seahawks), Bills (Broncos/Patriots) or 49ers (Cowboys/Cardinals) to name a few.
Laquan: Cardnials vs Giants today could give you some big points
Andrew: The Giants are top 10 on the season but widely available. AZ is a scary Matchup but Kyler can take some sacks
Have a question? Send them in to us at Real Deal Fantasy HQ and you may see your question show up here in this new Weekly Article! We can answer your Start/Sit, Season Long, DFS or whatever you want to ask!